Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Creamy Potato Squash Soup and Bruschetta

The other day, I made Giada's roasted zuchinni, potato and onion recipe hoping it would finally give me something else to do with zuchinni and yellow squash beside the old stand by... (Usually I saute it with olive oil and parm or goat cheese and serve over pasta) Alas, it was just ok... So, I made it into soup. I took the mixture and pureed it in the food processor, added some chicken stock and half and half. I'm not sure I'd make it on purpose. But, it was good! A little more exciting than your average potato soup and a good way to sneak in veggies.

The bruschetta, however, was totally on purpose and very yummy.

I sauteed some red pepper, tomatoes, yellow onions, garlic, crushed red pepper, italian seasoning and fresh basil in olive oil until softened. Added some red wine and reduced. Meanwhile, I toasted some french bread with a brush of olive oil. I made a small salad with arugula and more fresh basil and dressed it with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Then, I took some goat cheese with black pepper and spread some on the toast and topped it with the salad, the red pepper mixture and then crumbled a little more goat cheese. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment